Get the kids in on the cooking action and have a go with this easy and nutritious Socca recipe, topping it off with your choice of flavours!
Foodini Club are all about bringing kids into the kitchen with healthy yet fun food, so why not have a bash at this popular street food from Italy and choose what you want to go in it…
A Postal Kit box from Foodini Club is worth £14.75 and contains two recipes for kids to try with activity pack, recipe cards and pre-measured ingredients – just add fresh items.
HOW TO ENTER:
Send us or upload a picture of your kid(s) with your Socca creation, telling us what toppings you’ve chosen and what your young chefs thought.
Post on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quidsinmagazine
Tag on Instagram: quids_in_magazine
Send through the post: Quids in!, 3 Monmouth Place, Bath, BA1 2AT
Don’t forget to like the page and profile first!
All your pics will be re-posted on all platforms. Entry closes on 6th July 2018.
Recipe for One Big Socca
Socca is a crispy yet soft kind of pancake, a bit like a pizza, originally from Italy.
Ingredients for Base
- 1 cup/130g gram flour
- ½ tsp salt and several twists of black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1.25 cup/300ml warm water
Onion, tomato sauce, cheese (mozzarella or cheddar), black beans, asparagus… or whatever you really fancy!
- Put all the base ingredients into a large bowl and whisk well until mixture is smooth and lump free. Leave for 30 mins – this step is important so don’t skip!
- Prepare your toppings, slicing and frying an onion, grating cheese or baking asparagus – whatever you’ve chosen
- Heat a large heavy bottom frying pan/ skillet with 1 tbsp oil or slide a deeper baking dish under the grill with the oil in to get hot. Pour in the batter and cook for 3-4mins until it starts to set.
- Sprinkle in your chosen toppings and cook for 12mins on the heat.
- Slide under the grill and heat for 12-15mins until golden and crunchy around the edge. Slide out of the pan, cut into wedges