Post Office exterior

Benefit deadline for Post Office accounts

Those of us who use Post Office card accounts for our benefits only have a few weeks left to change accounts or we’ll miss out on payments

The government will no longer pay tax credits, Child Benefit and Guardian’s Allowance into Post Office card accounts after 5 April.

If we’re affected, we need to let HMRC know our other bank details so we don’t miss out on payments.

The move was delayed last year to give us more time to set up new accounts. But the extension is now coming to an end.

We can have the benefits paid to a bank, building society or credit union account.

For Child Benefit and Guardian’s Allowance we can use our Personal Tax Account to update our details or change them on the government website. Or we can call the Child Benefit helpline on 0300 200 3100. 

If we receive tax credits we can change our details here. Or we can call the tax credits helpline on 0345 300 3900. 

The Quids in! website has information on opening a bank account.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.