What you need:
✔ A small wooden picture frame
✔ A small piece of medium grit
sandpaper (120 grit)
✔ A damp duster
✔ A small flat-bristled brush
✔ A small pot of water
✔ Free taster pots of white and
coloured emulsion paint
✔ Your choice of decorations. This can
be glitter, sequins or small stickers,
PVA glue or clear varnish.
- Pull back the support clips at the back of the frame and take out the backing and glass cover.
- Take your sandpaper and rub along the grain of the entire frame to remove any surface imperfections.
- Wipe off any sawdust with your damp cloth or duster.
- Dampen your flat-bristled brush and use it to apply a thin coat of basic white emulsion from your taster pot.
- When this is dry apply two thin coats of your chosen colour, allowing the frame to dry thoroughly after each coat.
- You can now apply your choice of decoration using PVA glue.
- Once the glue is completely dry you can add a thin coat of varnish to finish off and protect your design. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Replace the glass, insert your chosen image fasten the clips and replace the backing.
Quids in! says
★ Protect your surfaces and clothing by wearing an apron and spreading newspaper on your work area.
★ Keep your brush and water pot clean to avoid any messy mixing of paints.
★ For a smoother finish, you can use sandpaper in between coats of varnish!