I’ve lost my income due to coronavirus. I can’t pay my rent. What help is available?

Check if you can get Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay

If not, you may be entitled to benefits, so check and apply as soon as you can. Check here https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou to see what benefits you can apply for.

You can check if you are eligible for Universal Credit here https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit and you can apply for Universal Credit here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit

There is also information on applying for New Style ESA here

The government has put a hold on all new evictions for 3 months, and it is always worth discussing your situation with your landlord. For more information on your rights as an employee, check here https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus

And for housing advice, check the Shelter website https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/coronavirus#Rent_payment_problems