My employer has asked for evidence that I need to stay at home due to Coronavirus. Do I need to get this from the Doctor?

No. The NHS 111 service is being extended so we will be able to get evidence (a ‘isolation note’ as it’s known) through the NHS 111 website. The government has advised people to stay away from GP surgeries, pharmacies and hospitals, in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus. Instead visit the 111 NHS website: