Serves 4, Costs £6
Nothing says comfort food quite like a heaped plateful of fish pie! Warming and delicious, it’s also really good for you, and keeps well in the fridge for leftovers the next day. To find the recipe for our simple white sauce click here.
- 500ml of Quids in! white sauce
- 500g Potatoes, mashed
- 200g Peas
- 500g Mixed fish and prawns
- Make white sauce. Turn your oven on to 200°C
- Cook and mash your potatoes, choose nice floury ones that will mash well. Once their cooked, drain them add a knob of butter and a splash of milk, season well and then mash.
- Get an ovenproof dish. Pour in your peas and your prawns and chopped raw fish. (Smoked haddock is particularly good, as is salmon or even tuna. We like to keep an eye out for fishy bargains in the supermarket and stick them in the freezer until it’s pie night). Pour over the white sauce, add a bit of chopped parsley. Give it a mix. Then spread your mashed potato on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.