Makes 6 Scotch Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1lb (500g) pork mince
- 1 packet of stuffing mix (any flavour)
- 4oz (100g) breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Hard boil the eggs and make up the stuffing mix according to the instructions on the packet
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and dust with a little flour. Squish the pork mince and stuffing mix together in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the breadcrumbs out on a dinner plate and divide the meat mixture into 6 pieces. Flatten each piece of meat mixture in to a rough patty with your hands then fold around the eggs. Coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Pre-heat the oven (Gas 6/200°C/400°F) and warm about half an inch (2cm) of oil in a large pan and fry the scotch eggs for two or three minutes, turning frequently. Finish them off in the oven for about 15 minutes.