A low cost, delicious meal that takes next to no time to make. Grab ingredients from your store cupboard and your local shop for a meal for four to six!
Serves 4-6, Costs £3.10
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 packet of 8 pork sausages cut into pieces or a tin of hot dog sausages.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 6 medium sized Mushrooms chopped
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4oz sweetcorn or 1 small tin
- 300g short pasta (such as Macaroni)
- Put a large pan of water with 1tbsp oil in on to the heat and bring to the boil. Drop in the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta.
- Grill the sausages until cooked turn them so they cook evenly. If you use hotdogs, don’t cook them just cut them up and add them to the sauce later.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms, cooking them until they have softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, sweetcorn and sausages, bring the sauce to the boil then turn the heat down and let it simmer for around 10 minutes while the pasta cooks.
- When the pasta is cooked, tip it into the frying pan with the sauce. Stir well.
For a special meal put into a dish and place slices of mozzerella on top. Put in a warm oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.