Ready-made supermarket burgers are often expensive and made with, ahem, unwanted ingredients. Making your own is quick, easy and great fun for the kids.
- 500g minced beef
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Feeling fancy? Add 1/2 grated onion and a small handful of finely chopped parsley to the beef mince
On the side:
- Burger bun or bread roll, split in half
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Ketchup, BBQ sauce or mayonnaise
- Optional: Sliced onion, cheese
- Put the beef mince in a bowl. Add a big pinch of salt and grid of pepper. Add the onion and herbs if using
- Mix together with your hands and divide in to 4 equal portions. Roll into a ball then flatten to about 2cm thick
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 7-8 minutes, turning over half way through
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the bun (if you like) and get all your side ingredients ready. Once the burgers are cooked, layer up everything into your buns and enjoy!