Here’s a super easy recipe for a Christmas favourite! Whether you’ve got friends or family coming round or just fancy bringing some yuletide spirit into your home this winter, these moreish snacks will fit the bill.
- 1x pack ready to roll puff pastry
- 2x handfuls of fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Plain flour
Heat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Place the pastry on a surface lightly dusted with plain flour. Gently roll out to around the size of an A4 piece of paper.
- Sprinkle your first handful of Parmesan over the pastry and fold the pastry in half on the long side so you have approximately an A5 size block of pastry
- Roll out the pastry to A4 size once again (you my need another dusting of flour)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into strips 1cm wide. Place the strips on your baking sheet – you can twist the strips once or twice if you prefer this look.
- Scatter your cheese straws with one final handful of Parmesan and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. When the straws are golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.