Vibrant, delicious Chicken Tikka Masala exactly the way a takeaway makes it! Recipe supplied by Best Spice, Wells Road, Totterdown.
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp jeera
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Juice of one lime
- 10 tsp good thick yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 lb chicken, diced
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Chicken stock or water
- Grind the spices and mix with yoghurt to make the marinade.
- Marinade chicken in fridge for 24 hours.
- Heat the oil in frying pan or wok until very hot.
- Stir fry chicken vigorously for about 5 mins. Take out chicken and keep warm.
- Fry the onion and garlic until just browning and return chicken with any remaining marinade, plus the stock, plus more spices if you think the sauce needs it – an extra tsp of cumin and coriander may ‘lift’ it a little.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is nice and thick. Serve.