Nothing needs to go to waste at Christmas, after all if you’ve spent all that money on Christmas Dinner the last thing you want is to start throwing food away.
If the idea of munching on a cold, day old sprout doesn’t appeal, why not put your leftovers together in a tasty meal that not only tastes great but also takes next to no time to prepare? Quids in!’s leftover Christmas pasta will see you and your family through to the new year!
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter
- 1 pint milk
- Handful of grated cheese- any leftover cheese you have will work well
- 400g pasta – tubes or shells work well, but any shape you have to hand is good
- Leftover vegetables (sprouts, potatoes, carrots, parsnips) cut into bite sized pieces
- Leftover meat (turkey, sausage, chicken) cut into bite sized pieces
Heat the oven to 200°C
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Once it’s foaming add the flour and quickly stir until combined. Gradually add the milk little by little until you have a smooth sauce. Add your handful of cheese and take of the heat.
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Normally 10-15 minutes in boiling water will do the trick. Drain and tip into an ovenproof dish.
- Add your chopped veg or meat to the pasta and stir through.
- Pour over your cheese sauce and stir until everything is combined and coated.
- Place in the oven for 20mins until the meat and vegetables are warmed through and the top of the pasta is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving