All you need to make these yummy flapjacks are four ingredients. They’re also super quick and ready in half an hour. If you have any dried fruit lying around like raisins or apricots, add those in for a fruity kick. Nuts work really well too – try hazelnuts or peanuts (unsalted).
Makes 12 individual slices
- 250g porridge oats
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g light brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and put on a low heat until all the ingredients have melted
- Pour in the oats and stir the mixture so that it is combined
- Lightly grease a baking/roasting tin with a knob of butter and spoon in the mixture. Press into the corners with the back of a spoon so the mixture is flat.
- Then bake for around 30 minutes until golden brown
- Leave to cool completely then cut into 12 slices