The great thing about french toast (or eggy bread),is that you can make it with the most basic of ingredients, or posh it up with more expensive bread and extras – go with whatever you fancy!
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread
- Jam or honey
- Baked beans
- Fresh berries (such as strawberries or blueberries)
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl, if you have a drop of milk to hand you beat it in to the egg.
- Place your slice of bread into your beaten egg, one side down first, then turn to coat the other side. Allow the bread to soak up the egg for 5 minutes.
- If you are adding any cooked extras, now is the time to get these started. Warm your beans, grill or fry your bacon while your bread is soaking.
- In a medium frying pan melt the butter. When its gently foaming, using a spatula slide your slice of bread into the pan. Cook the bread for 2-3 minutes on either side until lightly golden.
- Serve on it’s own, with honey or jam or with any extras of your choice.