What could be better in the Summer months than a quick and simple Greek salad? Cheap, light and healthy, you’ll feel you’re on holiday with this easy meal!
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g Feta cheese or salad cheese
- Small handful (around 12) black olives
- 1 Teaspoon capers (optional)
- Pinch of dried oregano (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- About an hour before you plan to eat, slice the onion into thin half moons and place in a bowl with the tablespoon of red wine vinegar. Toss the onion to coat in the vinegar land leave to rest for an hour. This will help take the harsher taste from the raw onion.
- Slice the cucumber into rounds about the thickness of a £1 coin. Slice these in half and add to the onion bowl
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and also add to the bowl with the onion and cucumber
- Using your fingers, break the cheese into small pieces and add to the bowl along with the olives
- If using the capers, finely chop them and add to the rest of the ingredients. Add the pinch of oregano (if using) too.
- Lastly add a small glug of olive oil plus a sprinkle of salt and a good grind of pepper. Toss all the ingredients together and serve.