An Indian takeaway vegetarian favourite! Recipe supplied by Panna Patel from Patco, Wells Road, Totterdown.
- 200 g paneer
- 2 tbsp plain flour or corn flour
- 2 green chillis, chopped
- Oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Coconut for garnishing
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp sugar
- Take paneer, add flour, half of the chopped chilli and salt according to taste and mix to make a dough.
- Make about 10-15 small balls from the dough and deep fry on medium heat.
- In a separate pan, stir fry chopped onion until light brown. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, the remaining chopped chilli and turmeric.
- Stir well and add ½ cup of water, sugar, garam masala, 1/2 tsp salt and mix.
- Add double cream, mix well and add paneer fried balls and cook for 2 mins.
- Garnish with coconut and fresh coriander and serve with nan, partha or chapatti and basmati rice.