Who doesn’t love a baked potato? But how about ptting it back in the oven for an extra tasty cheesy treat? Also called twice baked potatoes these are great on their own or as an accompaniment.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 30-40g butter
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your oven to 200C/ Gas mark 6
- Pierce the skin of your potatoes with a fork several times and place on the rack of your oven for 45-50 mins (optional: if you have some cooking oil to hand, rub a little into the skin of each potsto for extra crispy skin)
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, place on a chopping board and allow to cool slightly.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice off the top quarter or so of each potato giving you a lid and a larger base.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the cooked potato onto a large bowl leaving the skin intact as a shell.
- Add the butter, cheese and spring onion to the poatao and mash to a smoothe mixture.
- Spoon the potato mixture back into the empty shells (If you have any spare you can add it to the lids)
- Place the filled potatoes back into your hot oven and bake for another 15 minutes until the tops are golden
- Serve with a salad or as an accompaiment to sausages or chicken.