Simple gorgeous food taken from our Food Guide. Guest recipe provided by Vishnu.
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned boned and cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 250ml water
- In a large flying pan or saucepan, heat the sunflower oil. When warm add the chopped onions and gently fry until golden brown.
- Add the chicken thigh chunks and sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
- Once sugar is melted and the chicken is browning, add the garlic, salt and spices and stir so that the chicken is well coated
- Add 250ml water give everything a good stir and leave to gently simmer for 30 mins.
- Once the sauce is thickened and the chicken fully cooked, serve with rice and garnish with chopped coriander and fresh green chillies