Credit unions are not-for-profit organisations that provide bank accounts, loans and saving. They can help people the banks won’t. To find your local credit union click here, or call 0161 832 3694.
- Universal Credit visit the government website or call 0800 328 5644
- Unemployment and work-related benefits contact Jobcentre Plus
- People with disabilities or carers should contact the Disability Service Centre
- See here for Child Benefit and Tax Credits contact the Inland Revenue.
- Council Tax and Housing benefit is dealt with by your local council.
- Pensioners should contact the Pensions Service.
- Turn2Us have a free online benefits calculator and grants finder
- Your GP
- Mind offers a range of support including group activities, home visits, and advice on benefits and housing
- If you are really struggling to cope, contact Samaritans on 116 123 or email email@example.com
GENERAL ADVICE AND YOUR RIGHTS