The illegal Money Lending Team tackles loan sharks. To report a loan anonymously email firstname.lastname@example.org for England, in Scotland email email@example.com or if you’re in Wales firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit unions are not-for-profit organisations that provide bank accounts, loans and saving. They may help people the banks won’t. To find your local credit union click here, or call 0161 832 3694.
- For unemployment and work-related benefits contact Jobcentre Plus.
- People with disabilities or carers should contact the Disability Service Centre and for Child Benefit and Tax Credits contact the Inland Revenue.
- Council Tax and Housing benefit is dealt with by your local council.
- Pensioners should contact the Pensions Service.
- Entitledto have a free online benefits calculator.
Free help for anyone struggling with debt:
- Stepchange Debt Charity – Take control and repay your debts.
- National Debtline – Support and advice.
- Debt Arrangement Scheme – Scottish Government backed scheme to pay debts.
- Citizens Advice – Click on you region for help with support and advice
There are a number of services on offer but some are by referral only, so your first port of
call might be your GP.
- Mind offers a range of support including group activities, home visits, and advice on benefits and housing. For more information click here.
- For people really struggling to cope, contact Samaritans on 116 123 or email email@example.com
ADVICE AND YOUR RIGHTS