Using turkey mince instead of beef makes a cheaper, healthier bolognese sauce.
Serves 4 , Costs £5
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 loose onions
- garlic bulb
- 25g fresh parsley
- 500g tomato & chilli sauce
- 500g spaghetti
- Items from your cupboard: olive oil, soy sauce, black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Cook 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped, and 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed, for 5-8 minutes until soft. Add 500g of turkey mince and cook for 5 minutes until brown and cooked through.
- Season the mince with black pepper. Add 500g of tomato & chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, then stir through ½ x 25g pack of parsley, which has been roughly chopped.
- Next cook 400g of spaghetti in boiling water, following the pack instructions, until cooked.
- Drain the pasta and serve with the bolognese on top. Sprinkle the remaining chopped parsley over the top of the bolognese.