Stir fries are a great way of cooking cheaply and quickly at home while keeping meals healthy and tasty. Here is a version of Yakisoba, traditionally a mix of pork, vegetables and noodles that will keep costs down and bellies full!
- 1 onion
- 1 white cabbage
- 1 packet bacon (250-300g)
- 300-400g noodles (dried or ready cooked)
- Oil for frying
- If your noodles are dried, cook them in boiling water according to the instructions. Drain and put to one side.
- Slice the onion and chop the cabbage into bite-sized pieces. Chop the bacon into 2cm pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. When hot add the bacon and vegetables and stir fry until the meat is cooked and the vegetables slightly softened.
- Add the noodles and stir to coat everything in oil.
- At this point you can add a few shakes of soy sauce if you have it, if not HP sauce of Worcester sauce work well too. If you have none of these at home a little salt and pepper will do the trick.
- Stir fry for a few seconds more before dividing into four plates or bowls and serve.