Piperade is a simple dish from France and Spain that is essentially scrambled eggs with vegetables. Super easy and cheap to make, it can be tweaked and expanded depending on much cash you have to spend. Big on taste and full of fresh ingredients, we think you’ll love giving this a try!
- Oil or butter for frying
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Optional: 1/2 red pepper, 2 slices ham, 1 sausage (cooked) , chopped in to chunks
- In a medium sized frying pan, heat the oil or butter. When hot, add the chopped onion and garlic and fry gently until the onion is softened.
- Add your chopped tomato, and any of the optional ingredients if you choose to use them.
- One all of your ingredients are warmed and soft add your two beaten eggs to the pan and mix continuously until the eggs are cooked through.
- Finally, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and serve.