Pasta dishes are a reliably cheap and filling way to feed your family whilst keeping healthy.
This easy to prepare meal uses only 4 ingredients and works well as as quick lunch or dinner.
Traditionally prepared by Italian men after a night out, this should please all the family!
- 400g Spaghetti
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried chilli (add more or less to taste)
- In a small frying pan add the olive oil and the sliced garlic. Place on a very low heat and gently warm the oil for 3-5mins taking care not to brown the garlic.
- Remove from the heat and add your dried chilli. Stir to combine and put to one side to allow the chilli and garlic to infuse the oil.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add a teaspoon of salt followed by your spaghetti. Cook according to the instructions on the packet, usually 6-7 mins will do the trick.
- One cooked, turn off the heat and drain the spaghetti. Return the spaghetti to the pan and add the oil, garlic and chilli.
- Combine the spaghetti with the oil so the pasta is fully coated and serve immediately.