Sweet and sour sauce is easy to knock together at home and can be made with a few cupboard ingredients. If you don’t have soy sauce in the house you can pick up a bottle in most supermarkets for less than a couple of quid – and it’ll come in handy time and time again!
- 200g egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2cm ginger root, grated
Optional: 1/2 red pepper, sliced; 2 spring onions, sliced
- Grab a small bowl and make your sweet and sour sauce. Mix together the ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and ginger and set aside.
- Get a pan of water on the boil. Add salt then cook your noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Normally they’ll take no more than 5 mins
- If you are adding red pepper or spring onion (or both), slice these while the noodles are cooking and set to one side.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, drain and place back in the saucepan. Add your sauce and veg if using. Mix thoroughly, divide between two bowls and serve hot.