Cheese on toast is hard to beat, but Welsh Rarebit might just manage it! Grab some ingredients from your cupboard to level-up the ultimate meal!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ale or stout (optional)
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Toast the slices of bread until lightly browned on both sides
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and beer (if using) until warmed through. If you are using beer, bring the liquid to simmer for around a minute so that the alcohol evaporates
- Lower the heat and add the cheese, gently stirring to melt. Don’t allow the mixture to boil! Add salt and peeper to taste.
- Once the cheese has melted and combined, remove the saucepan from the stove and heat up your grill
- When the grill is ready, spoon the cheese mixture over your toasted bread and pop under the grill until bubbling and browned